Wednesday 9 February 2011

Fashion 'DO' or 'Don't'?

Once again the vicious recycling fashion trends has struck the fashion runways and has taken a twist on block heels. I recall seeing a picture of my own mother rocking block heels back in her younger days! Its funny because just last year on a night out me and my friends came across a girl wearing block heels but a more old-fashioned version and we were ringing the fashion police we even took a picture as proof! [mean i know] lol


But, as spring slowly crawls into the picture, i can't help but notice the high street shops being swamped with these modernised version of chunky block heels.



picture one- Shoes by Carvela Annie (check Asos.com)
picture two- shoes by Topshop
picture three - Shoes by Kurt Geiger


After browsing through the latest issue of Look magazine show casing spring trends i couldn't help but blog about this!

Also whilst doing some 'blog-stalking' you maybe be aware that Angela Simmons was recently in London where she took to the west end and came across a pair of Block heels herself...she said "i tried on some cool shoes. I wasn't sure though". That seems to be my issue..I'm still not sure!


[Above picture of Angela Simmons trying on 'block heels'- taken from her blog]

As they become more and more popular on the high street the question i ask myself is will i warm to this block heels trend?.. hmm i have a crazy feeling i will but..only time will tell!

Whats your view on 'Block Heels' DO or Don't?

4 comments:

  1. i say its a fashion dont! never did like them their just i dont know meh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel you, they are not instantly attractive..but they seem to be huge on the high street!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL! TOO funny. Yes, just because its VINTAGE doesn't mean it'll speak VOLUMES in the present. ;] I say don't in the classic styles. But open toe and 5 inches high: yes.

    Kimberly, FWB

    ReplyDelete